Sunday, May 21, 2006

 

Pictured here from left to right, Mark, our coordinator, Larry, Dave, Don, the three elders who oversee the DRT, and yours truly in front. Below is a picture of the nice building in which the Somerset congregation meets and carries on a great deal of the work.
I was just listening to a cd that one of the volunteers, Patty of the Aachua, Fla. congregation has made. Finally I have learned to use this computer to play these cd's. I will be using it more and more in the presentations.
Received an email, from Ben about the continued work of the Military Missions. This group of brethren works with soldiers and nearly every Sunday, I receive word of baptisms.
Talked with Maxine and Doug who are sojourners. Forget retirement with these two. They are on the way from Tenn. to Arizona to help the church there. I believe they are going to help with VBS.
Well this is 3rd Sunday and at Howell Church where I preach when Rosemary and I are home, we have a get together at somebody's house after services. This is always a fun time to spend with each other and I believe it greatly enforces our love and appreciation for each other.
While in Ohio, presenting a church growth workshop, Rosemary and I attended wed. night bible study with a congregation in Troy. We both appreciated the bible class very much.
Brethren there are of course disasters at all times of the year, but we all know hurricane season is starting in just a couple of weeks. If you would like to join with us as volunteers with the Churches of Christ Disaster Response Team, may I suggest you call our coordinator Mark Cremeans at 937 308 0035 . or go to the web site at Churchesofchristdrt.org email them or certainly, Rosemary and I welcome your call at 931 698 3150 or email us at mailto:dhucson@mcis.us
and thanks again for telling others about this blog site. Brethren, we together are making a difference. Don

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?