Sunday, June 18, 2006

 
As Rosemary and I will be leaving tomorrow morning for S.W. Fla., we will not have a blog report tomorrow night. We plan to have information by Tues. Ev. We are going to spend about a week with my Dad. He lives in Port Charlotte, Fla.
We are looking forward to this evening, because every 3rd Sun. evening, after sevices we go to someones house for a small meal, get together and general enjoyment with one another. Tonight the church is coming to our house. This is always a thrill to Rosemary and me. Not only do we enjoy company, but the church at Howell is very special to us. We are gone a lot on mission trips with the Sojourners and the Churches of Christ Disaster Response Teams, meetings, seminars, and VBS. ( Last year, we were gone some 5 months, and will probably be gone at least that much this year) In spite of that this congregation has me preaching for them when we are here. We do love this church. They are really a great group. The bible classes-- I do not teach them-- in my opinion, are second to none. We have a big percentage of young people that we are proud of, working families and retired people some of whom have spent their whole life supporting the work. I am fortunate indeed to serve this good church. Don

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?