Monday, October 02, 2006

 
The camp "B" work shop draws ever closer. Have talked to several that are already there helping with the camp ground. Many times we talk about mission work that many of us "older ones"are involved with. As a person who has attended the Church of Christ now for over 65 yrs and a baptized believer for over 50 yrs. I see a lot of change. I know when I was growing up and for many years I was unaware of young people and families using their vacations and summer breaks to take mission trips or for college students to take their week-ends off and go to devastated areas and work long hours to clean up. I was unaware of opportunity of evangelism and outreach thru community service. I believe we have some great young who love the Lord. I believe we have a lot of families who work hard in involvement with and for their children to have opportunity to serve, learn and fellowship. Oh, yes I'm thankful for the opportuinity of us, "a little older ones", to provide examples in missions, faith, love, teaching, worship and living for the Lord. The next mission on which Rosemary & I plan to be involved is with the Church in Key West and in the Hollywood area. Looking forward to going to the tent meeting in Huntsville tonight. Looking forward to the worship and fellowship and in seeing Joe & Gladys, Bob& Billie, Sam&Marlene. Don

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?