Tuesday, November 21, 2006

 
This being thanksgiving week, mid-week bible study at Howell is tonight (Tues.). As we have been in various other locations on Wed. night teaching a personal work class, we are looking forward to being with our brethren at Howell tonight at 6:30 for bible study. Tomorrow night Rosemary and I have been invited to the Friendship congregation to discuss next years mission work with them. We always enjoy visiting with Friendship. It is sure enough named correctly as it is a very friendly congregation. By way of discussion concerning bible study with people. It helps if you are very familiar with the method of study you are going to pursue. That is one reason I especially like the "safety chain"or open bible method. It is very easy to be understood by the teacher, the student is actively involved and really, you pretty much let the bible speak for itself. We all know that the better we feel about something the easier and probably more effective it is to present. As I was on my walk early this morning a person was standing on their front porch. I have seen them before on my walk. This time, I stopped, and told them, I would love to come by at your convenience and study the bible with you, may I. They said yes. We have a study with 2 people set for this coming Mon. It would have been sooner but for the holidays. Now they could have said no, but it is for sure they would have not said yes, if I had not asked them. If you would like someone yo come to your congregation to teach this method at little or no expense to the congregation, let me know and I am sure we can contact some of the other teachers to come. Because our schedule is filled for next year, we are putting a lesson a week on this blog. The nest lesson will be toward the end of the week. Don

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?