Tuesday, November 28, 2006

 

This brother pictured with me is one of my true heros in personal evangelim. While I have never been on a sojourn with him, his feats in setting up bible study are all but legindary. If it's door knocking, he gets the studys. If it leaving him seated in a mall, he gets the studys. Thankfully he taught a class on personal evangelism at Camp B. I learned so much. Thank you Windser. Tonight, however I learned a great deal about door knocking in personal evangelism. While on my walk this evening, I make an effort to walk 4 miles a day, I observed some young people going up the street, stopping at every house and asking those at home, "do you want to buy any fruit?" They were representing a community organization. I did not see anyone buy any fruit. The people I observed didn't seem to want any. What was interesting to me, however, is that these young people didn't seem to mind, they simply went to the next house, they asked kindly again, do you want to buy any fruit? and again it appeared they were told no. I learned a great lesson. Often when we knock on doors trying to set up a bible study, or invite people to church, we too are often told no. Maybe I need to develop the perseverance of the "fruit salesperson". Maybe I need to continue on knowing that if even if a person ís not interested, I have tried to leave a positive image of a christian and a positive image of the church. I'm going on to the next house. By the way we began a new study with an indivdual yesterday, but I had to stop at their house and ask. Jas.3:17 But the wisdom that is from above is first pure then peaceable gentle and easy to be intreated full of mercy and good fruits.... Gal.5:22 But the fruit of the Spirit is....... We can learn a lot by watching how folks deal with fruit. Don

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?