Saturday, December 30, 2006

 
Personal Evangelism: Lesson # Seven

Counterproductive activities
1. Comparing what you are doing with some other church's out reach program. Because of circumstances, personalities, and other situations, every location is different. Some places are easier to accomplish studies than other places. While this should not be an excuse to do nothing, don't be discouraged if you are not succeeding as someone else. Remember, God gives the increase.
2. Do the best you can in your situation. A method that works one place may not work in another. Yesterday while studying with one couple a neighbor ask if I would study with him and his wife. Now while I am gratified by this, I realize that they know me in this community. If a few days we will be starting in mission areas where I am not known. I am sure that we will not be able to establish studies as easy as I can in my home town;
3. May we suggest and encourage, leave the unscriptural gimmickry alone. Not only are they unscriptural, but they often have no "stick-to-a-tivity".
ITim.3:15 Among many things the church is called on to do, we want to always be the ''pillar and ground of the truth".


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?