Friday, May 04, 2007

 


Pictured here is Brandon being baptized in Moble Bay during our mission at Bayou La Batre. Would you like to become a missionary? You may be like me and never really thought about it or thought to be a missionary you had to go over seas. Believe me there is plenty to do here at home and the need, just as overseas, is tremendous. There are many ways you can learn and begin, but let me tell you about a way that can help you learn as you are serving . The Sojourners. We are a group of 800 - 1000 christians, mostly retired, but not a requirement, who have RV's and receive far more requests from churches and church activities, such as camps and schools, than we can possible fill. The Sojourners provides you an opportunity for training as well as learning in the teachings of our Lord and how better to serve the church while reaching out to those who do not know Jesus. The RV's which we use range from very small, very inexpensive, to large motor homes. The quality and price of the RV is not the issue. The Sojourners provides all of us with very warm fellowship with other Christians of like desire to serve and very good teaching that is most useful in our mission work. Those who teach the classes, "have been there, done that" and are still working right along side us as we serve. If you are looking for a way to serve, I am sure there are many good ways, but may I encourage you to go to óur web site, www.sojourning.org for more information. Call me. 931-698-3150 I'll be happy to help. I have only been in sojourning for about 3 years and I can tell you it has been and is wonderful. You can belong to a wonderful group of believers and servers who can really help you grow. Yes we love the missionary opportunities that are provided to Rosemary and me thru the Sojourners. Don

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?