Thursday, October 23, 2008

 
Another attitude that sometimes we hear expressed concerning church growth is, "they got to be doing something wrong to be growing that fast." This attitude will certainly not contribute to the growth of the congregation from where that remark is made. It has been my experience that when a congregation makes a real concerted effort for out reach, people respond, bible studies take place, people become christians and the church grows numerically. This should come as no surprise, didn't Jesus teach us to see the possibilities when he said, "look unto the fields they are white unto harvest". Now we never want to practice anything unscriptural nor do we want to encourage anything unscriptural, but a growth attitude might be, I want to see what they are doing that leads to their numerical growth. When I find out, if there is anything unscriptural, I don't want to do it, but if there is something a growing church is doing that is scriptural I want to see if I too can put it into practice. Now out reach takes work, it takes study, it takes prayer. It is my opinion that only seeing the faults of others is often an excuse for doing little. That's my opinion anyway. On the next lesson we are goingto discusss some church growth principles and attitudes. Don

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?