Thursday, November 13, 2008

 
We are discussing three important methods of obtaining bible studies. We have seen that we can use opportunities, we can pray for opportunities, now let's explore the third principle, we can make opportunities.
If I had a loved one ill in the hospital and someone I knew asked if they could go by and visit, I would be honored that they would want to take their time to spend a few moments with my loved one. That person would be appreciated and I would come to the conclusion that they really have my interest in mind. They are interested in what I'm interested in. If after they visited my loved one, they were to ask me if they could read the bible with me and pray, do you think I would reject their further interest in me? Not likely. What about lonely people? I've found that in spite of all the hustle and bustle, there really are a lot of lonely people today. It seems it is just in us to want to communicate with some one who can "make my day a little brighter". And what about people who are lost? I want to look for ways to show these people that when the time comes that they have a spiritual interest in things eternal that I'll be there. I want them to be left with the understanding that "God is just a prayer away and a good friend is just a phone call away". By the way, that time for spiritual interest in them may very well come sooner than later. I want to be there to take opportunity to lead them to the Lord. Now here's the clincher, with all of these opportunities, we can always leave them with this thought, "Jesus cares and I care too". Remember now we always want to spend some time studying the word everyday, because the next person we meet may be our opportunity to teach them of Jesus. Don

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?