Thursday, November 20, 2008

 
We have always found that if we could help the person, that we are trying to teach, know that we really had their best interest at heart, then we are well on the way to a successful bible study. Most often, I have found, it does little good to tell someone "I care" unless you also can show them that you care. That is one of the reasons that our approach in working in neighborhoods where I have never met the people before, is," I am here with the local Church of Christ. We are here to help people. Do you know anyone that could use a few groceries, or some diapers for the babies, or do you know someone that use a gallon of milk"? I must tell you that on average I have spent very little money having to buy for people. Most people say no I don't know anyone that needs help. Having asked to help people, it is easy and natural then for me to ask about spiritual help. Could we come in and pray with you? Could we pray right here""? If the answer is affirmative a study of God's word may very well follow. Now I don't want to tell you that everyone responds favorable to this invitation, but at least they know that they have met a caring Christian from the local church.
Our next lesson will be a discussion how to help assure visitors will come back. Don

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?