Tuesday, February 10, 2009

 
It is so good to begin to see so many more articles appearing concerning evangelism. There are so many important components in evangelism such as teaching, friendship, caring just to name a few, that it gives many of us an opportunity to be involved.
Last year with our work in the hurricanes, I noticed that in areas where we served, that there was a great number of Hispanic people. Some of them could not speak English. Now I know enough Spanish that I was able to set up bible studies with them, but I did not know enough of the language to be able to conduct the study. So... I got busy, because with the number of Hispanics that we saw and helped physically, I saw a great opportunity to teach. They were very receptive to studying the bible. If only I could teach them. Now I am taking a rather good Spanish course and am gradually becoming somewhat conversant. It is my goal that by this hurricane season to be conversant enough to conduct these studies. The fields really are white unto harvest. I study an hour or so everyday and being the slow learner that I am, gradually I'm making progress. I might say one of the reasons that I don't keep this blog updated as I should is because so much of my time is devoted to the study of this new language.
For good updates on preparation and readiness to help with "DA", check out Mike's blog Mikesmissionupdates.blogspot.com Don

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?